Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Walnut, gorgonzola and cranberry salad - contains dairy (cheese)

Serves +- 2. I don't have fixed quantities for the salad itself (I do for the dressing) so feel free to adjust

1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup cranberries
few slices of gorgonzola, cut into smallish pieces
salad leaves
cucumber slices (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS
Use a flat platter so you can lay the toppings out over the leaves. Lay lettuce leaves on platter and layer the cucumber, walnut, gorgonzola and cranberries.

SALAD DRESSING
1tbs white vinegar
1tbs raspberry vinegar/vinaigrette
1tbs olive oil

Mix and pour over salad. Sometimes I place lettuce leaves in bowl and drizzle with dressing, mix it up so leaves are coated and then place leaves on platter. I then make another batch of dressing and pour over the salad.

Even more delicious if the walnut are coated in sugar to make candied walnuts. I do this if we have guests, but not when cooking for myself - still good without all the sugar. To make candied walnuts, put same amount of brown sugar as walnuts in a frying pan and heat to melt sugar. Be very careful they don't burn. Crumble and top salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment